Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. -- Hippocrates, father of medicine, 431 B.C.
Questions regarding food, nutrition and diet are a common area of discussion during treatment. In addition to supplying the basic needs of the body for calories and nutrients, an optimum diet should also reduce the risks of disease and fortify the body’s defenses and intrinsic mechanisms of healing. The correlation between how we eat and how we feel, age, and heal is clear. Our goal is teach patients that it is possible to eat in ways that best serve your body while also getting all of the enjoyment you expect from food.
Nutritional Counseling Foundations Provided:
- Basic facts of human nutrition
- Essential information that will allow for informed decisions on food choices
- Educate patients on the correct way to read food labels
- Discussion regarding popular diets along with their associated pros and cons
- Menu plans, recipes and guidance in eating at home and in restaurants
- Customized dietary advice for a host of common ailments